Step 5: Core Abilities
All heroes have seven Core Abilities. Each Core Ability has a rank that serves as an overall measurement of its effectiveness.
- Strength (STR) -- The hero's ability to apply brute physical force.
- Agility (AGI) -- The hero's ability to move quickly or in an otherwise effective manner.
- Dexterity (DEX) -- The hero's ability to work with their hands (or equivalent), and to aim well.
- Endurance (END) -- The hero's ability to endure physical pain and other physical hardship.
- Mind (MND) -- The hero's intellect and ingenuity.
- Persuasion (PER) -- The hero's ability to persuade NPCs and change their minds one way or another.
- Resolve (RES) -- As Endurance but for the mind and emotions. Used whenever the heroes are facing usually frightening or otherwise trying circumstances. Failure results in a negative outcome defined by the GM.
At Devotion 1, players may distribute 4 ranks as desired to one or two of these Abilities, but the limit on a single Ability is 2. The other Abilities will begin at rank 0, which represents average ability.
The maximum possible rank for a Core Ability is 7.